Recent release new features:
View Shared Shelf Release Notes for more information on current and past releases.
Shared Shelf 1.5.3 (October 2017)
- Upgraded Kaltura version.
- View multi-page PDFs in Shared Shelf
Shared Shelf 1.5.2 (September 2017)
- Filter for items linked or not linked to an integrated or external authority
- Propagation Monitor
- Relate up to 1,000 images to a compound object
Shared Shelf 1.5.1 (August 2017)
- New base filter – Custom base filter and records created by this user
- Full cataloging screen is automatically added when creating a new project using template
- Clear an individual media element
- Suggested sources automatically connected to Linked field types for new projects
- Compound object support for all projects
Shared Shelf 1.5 (June 2017)
- More granular user permissions with custom base filters.
- Enlarged Manage Mappings window.
- Updated support for viewing QTVR files.
Past releases new features:
Shared Shelf 1.4.1 (May 2017)
- Updated and refreshed Getty vocabularies to reflect the 2016 additions.
- Corrected display of Set and Saved Filter names so the name will display once instead of twice.
- Ability to create projects with the same name as a deleted project.
- Using the Administrative Tools, double-click on a field to edit the configuration.
- Batch media export of file names containing Chinese, Japanese, or Korean characters will successfully send an email with a zip file to download.
- Saved Filters using metadata containing Chinese, Japanese, or Korean characters will no longer trigger an error and will display filtered results correctly.
Shared Shelf 1.4 (March 2017)
- Generate storage reports in Shared Shelf Administrative Tools
- Works enhancements:
- Batch edit works
- Create sets for works
- Delete a single work
- Search for works from the Gear Menu
- Propagation for works, names, and list items (changes made in works, names, and lists will propagate to the data in linked items)
- Select video quality in the Kaltura player for video files
Shared Shelf 1.3.1 (October 2016)
- Improvements to the admin tools: Rename and delete projects, rename and delete lists, remove targets
- Alphanumeric field type
- Improved works: Batch create works and create new works and Shared Shelf names from the asset panel
- Improved media uploading
- Omeka API publishing target (beta)
Shared Shelf 1.3 (August 2016)
- Infrastructure upgrades
- Improved display of usernames in the Administrative Tools
- Resolved issues (including fixing the erasure of text when searching in Shared Shelf Names)
Shared Shelf 1.2.3 (June 2016)
- Getty vocabulary updates
- Ability to add an accompanying image to an audio file
- Expanded support for additional file types ( WAV, GIF, PNG (with alpha transparency), .BWF)
- Files downloaded from Shared Shelf will have their original filename
- Improved works: better searching and browsing for works, new copy and paste functionality, and a shorter form option
- New Shared Shelf home page
- Improvements to the admin tools: ability to add default values to a field
- Enhancements to the Kaltura server
Shared Shelf 1.2.2 (March 2016)
- Publishing to Personal Collections in Artstor
- For work-enabled projects, option to publish multiple, related images in sequence
- Filtering for records in Shared Shelf that are blank (empty) or non-blank
- Pasting from master record to list field using Control (Command) + D
- Improvements to the Shared Shelf Admin Tools
Shared Shelf 1.2 (October 2015)
- Shibboleth login support for Shared Shelf
- Expanded support for local authorities/controlled lists:
- All controlled lists will be available for use across all projects at your institution. So, for example, you can set up one local Subjects list and use it across several projects.
- Controlled lists provided by Shared Shelf that are currently used when cataloging work records will be accessible for Administrators to add to any project.
- Users can add local terms to locally created controlled lists as well as the controlled lists provided by the system within a project. Administrators can also restrict users from adding terms to controlled lists.
- List terms can be batch-imported via Excel, making the creation of lists faster and easier.
- Lists can be set up with multiple fields, so you can, for example, set up a Subjects list with a Subject term field, a field for reference or “See also” terms, and a field for the term source.
- Controlled list terms can be edited; changes will be reflected in the display records and, if applicable, the corresponding linked work records.
- Changes to how controlled list data is expressed on our OAI server
You can now make quick work of editing or updating your media files with the Batch Media File Download function. By selecting a group of files and using the batch media file download option, you can download up to 100 media files at a time, into a zipped file that will deliver to your user email address.
If you are cataloging a display record with a linked image file, you can use the new Google Image Search function to look for similar image files on the web. This is a great way to look for different views of an image or quickly to verify image data online.
For your video files, we now offer Caption Support with a simple file upload. The process allows for several files to be associated with your video to overlay captions, viewable by users, in any language.
If you’d like to change the cover thumbnail for your video files, you can now easily do that with our Video Thumbnail Selection tool. This allows you to upload a JPG, PNG, or a grab a frame from your video to use as the image representation in Shared Shelf and in other places where you publish your content.