Link AAT and TGN Terms
To link to an AAT or TGN term:
- Click the consult icon in the field.
- Perform a search for your term. You can sort your results alphabetically or by relevance.
- Hover over or click on your term to reveal the linking options.
- Link Only: The term label will appear below the field, but no display information will appear in the field.
- Link & Append to Display: The term label will appear below the field and the display information will be appended to the field. This option will not overwrite any existing data in the field.
- Link & Overwrite Display: The term label will appear below the field and the display information will overwrite any existing data currently in the field.
- Select a linking option and save your changes.
Unlink AAT and TGN Terms
If a field is currently linked to a term, you can unlink it by clicking on the X on the term label. The display information will remain in the field until it is deleted manually. Remember to save changes made to an Item.
View AAT and TGN Terms
If an AAT or TGN term is already linked to an Item, you may view the full record by clicking on the linked data just below the field containing the display information.
The term will open in a pop up window and you will see the data for that record. You can also view a term when searching the AAT and TGN by clicking on the term from the list of search results.