When you encounter an issue in Shared Shelf it is important to specify any conditions or behaviors you experienced with the site so our support staff can quickly assess and troubleshoot. We’ve put together this guide to help you efficiently report an issue for a faster resolution.
- Before you report an issue, search the support site for a possible solution. If something isn’t documented and you think it should be, please let us know!
- For reporting any issue, it’s helpful to provide standard information about the browser or project you are working in:
- Operating system/version: [Mac OS X, Windows X, etc.]
- Browser/version: [Google Chrome v. X, Mozilla Firefox X, Safari v. X, etc.]
- Project name:
- Project ID: [found in the Shared Shelf URL and referred to as “#projectManager:xxx”]
- Description of your steps, the error, etc.:
- Screenshot of the error or if the issue is visible:
- When encountering troubles with publishing, additional details are important to know:
- Publishing target type: [Artstor Workspace, Shared Shelf Commons, Omeka, etc.]
- Collection name: [if different from Project name]
- Date and time of publishing:
- Number of records published:
- SSIDs: [if you published in bulk, a sampling of SSIDs would suffice]
It’s always best practice to be as specific as possible when reporting an issue. If you’re working with Excel, please download and send the spreadsheet with the errors highlighted. If your multimedia file is displaying oddly, grab a screenshot of what you’re seeing and attach it to your email. If you’re not sure whether including an attachment or mentioning a minor detail may be useful, there’s a chance it might be. By using all that you provide us, we can more easily offer you quick and effective support.
Report issues to support @sharedshelf.org.