Download Single Media File
To download a single media file, double click on the Item to open it in the edit tab. Under the media viewer, click Download then Download Media. You will be prompted to select where to save the media file.
Batch Download Media Files
Use the batch download media function if you would like to export media from Shared Shelf for any purpose. Currently, you may batch download up to 100 media files at one time into a zipped file, which will be sent to your user email address. Downloading the media does not remove it from Shared Shelf, but rather exports a copy of your original media file.
To batch download media files:
- If you would like to select as much media as possible to download from your project, change the display setting in the asset panel to view 100 items per page, then select the first item on the page and use Shift + click to select the last item on the page. This will select the maximum number of media files to download at once (100). Or select specific items by using use Control + click (Command + click for Mac) or Shift + click to select multiple files.
- From the gear menu, choose Download selected media files.
- You will see this message: Media files from 100 items (or however many items you selected) will be compressed as a ZIP file. When the files are ready for download, you will be sent a link at (your user email will be listed here). After clicking OK, you will see the message: Job submitted for processing. Click OK.
- The arrival of your confirmation email will depend on the number of media files you have downloaded; larger downloads will take longer. When you receive your confirmation email, click the link “ready for download” and use an unzip utility to open the file.
- Files will be exported with their SSID prepended, like this: [SSID] _ [Original Filename].
Generate URL for Media File
To generate a shareable URL for a media file, double click on the Item to open it in the edit tab. Under the media viewer, click Download then Retrieve URL for media. Copy the URL from the dialog window, then click Ok. This URL can be shared with anyone and allows them to download the original media file.
Generate Media URLs with Excel
You can generate a shareable URL to link to a media file within your Shared Shelf project by exporting selected data records to Excel and copying the link from the Media URL column. URLs can be shared with anyone and allows them to download the original media file.
To generate media URLs with Excel:
- In the asset panel, select the records that you want to replace, then right-click or use the gear menu to choose Excel > Export selected records.
- Save the file, then open it in Excel. Locate the column titled Media URL, then copy and paste the link within that column to share.
Note: When an Excel spreadsheet is uploaded to Shared Shelf, the media URL column is ignored, so any content changed or added in this column will not be reflected in the data record.