Shared Shelf has two environments: the Shared Shelf catalog and the Shared Shelf Administrative Tools. The Shared Shelf catalog allows you to upload, describe, and publish your content to be made available to end-users, either locally through the Artstor Workspace or through open access on platforms like Shared Shelf Commons. The Shared Shelf Administrative Tools allow you to build up the project space that you use to manage content. Access to the Artstor Administrative site is dependent on your role as an administrator. For more information about the administrative environments, check out the Shared Shelf Administrative Tools article on this site.
Shared Shelf: http://catalog.sharedshelf.artstor.org
Shared Shelf Admin: http://catalog.sharedshelf.artstor.org/admin.html
Artstor Workspace: http://library.artstor.org/library/welcome.html#1
Artstor Admin: http://admin.artstor.org/satools/admin.html
Shared Shelf Commons: http://www.sscommons.org/openlibrary/welcome.html#1
Log in to Shared Shelf
Log in with your Institutional Credentials (Shibboleth)
If your institution uses Shibboleth, you may link your Artstor Digital Library account to your institutional sign on. Go here to learn more about setting up Shibboleth for Artstor. After you have linked your Artstor Digital Library account to your institutional sign on, you can access Shared Shelf using a single sign-on.
1. Enter your email address and password, then click “Sign In Through My Institution”.
2. In the window, select your institution from the list and click “Sign In”.
3. You will be redirected to your institution’s login page where you will enter your institutional credentials.
4. After successfully signing in, you will be redirected to the main Shared Shelf cataloging screen.
If you see an error message after selecting your institution, please check that your Artstor account has been linked to your Shared Shelf account by contacting your institution’s Artstor administrator or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have lost or forgotten your password, follow these steps.
- Go to the main login page and click the login link.
- From the login window, click the Forgot your password? link.
- Type in your account email and click the RETRIEVE PASSWORD button.
- Follow the instructions to reset your password in the email that was sent to your account’s email address.
- Please allow 5 minutes for the password to process before logging into Shared Shelf or Shared Shelf Admin.
For more information, reference this article in the Artstor Digital Library Support site: http://support.artstor.org/?article=user-preferences#lost.