Shared Shelf has two environments: Live and Demo. Shared Shelf Live allows your content to be made available to end-users, either locally through the Artstor Workspace or through open access on Shared Shelf Commons.
Shared Shelf: http://catalog.sharedshelf.artstor.org
Shared Shelf Admin: http://catalog.sharedshelf.artstor.org/admin.html
Artstor Workspace: http://library.artstor.org/library/welcome.html#1
Artstor Admin: http://admin.artstor.org/satools/admin.html
Shared Shelf Commons: http://www.sscommons.org/openlibrary/welcome.html#1
The Demo environment is a sandbox environment ideal for training and testing, where subscribers may use it as a staging environment to try out new features and workflows for various projects. You can also train new catalogers and administrators using the tools on the Demo environment.
Shared Shelf Demo: http://catalog.sharedshelf.demo.artstor.org
Shared Shelf Admin Demo: http://catalog.sharedshelf.demo.artstor.org/admin.html
Artstor Workspace Demo: http://library.demo.artstor.org/library/rlogin.html
Artstor Admin Demo: http://admin.library.demo.artstor.org/satools/admin.html
Shared Shelf Commons Demo: http://sscommons.demo.artstor.org/openlibrary/welcome.html#1
If you are currently on the Demo environment and would like to make your collections available through the Live environment, please contact email@example.com.
Log in to Shared Shelf
Log in with your Institutional Credentials (Shibboleth)
If your institution uses Shibboleth, you may link your Artstor Digital Library account to your institutional sign on. Go here to learn more about setting up Shibboleth for Artstor. After you have linked your Artstor Digital Library account to your institutional sign on, you can access Shared Shelf using a single sign-on.
1. Enter your email address and password, then click “Sign In Through My Institution”.
2. In the window, select your institution from the list and click “Sign In”.
3. You will be redirected to your institution’s login page where you will enter your institutional credentials.
4. After successfully signing in, you will be redirected to the main Shared Shelf cataloging screen.
If you see an error message after selecting your institution, please check that your Artstor account has been linked to your Shared Shelf account by contacting your institution’s Artstor administrator or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have lost or forgotten your password, follow these steps.
- Go to the main login page and click the login link.
- From the login window, click the Forgot your password? link.
- Type in your account email and click the RETRIEVE PASSWORD button.
- Follow the instructions to reset your password in the email that was sent to your account’s email address.
- Please allow 5 minutes for the password to process before logging into Shared Shelf or Shared Shelf Admin.
For more information, reference this article in the Artstor Digital Library Support site: http://support.artstor.org/?article=user-preferences#lost.